Helping You Get the Most From Your Hunting Dogs
How to Charge the SportDOG SD-400 and SD-800 Remote Collar Receivers
The following article will walk you through the process of charging the Sport Dog SD400, SD400S and SD800 Collar. Keep in mind before using the system you should charge both the collar and the transmitter for 24 hours.
1. Access the Charging Jack by removing the rubber cover which is protecting it.
Charging the SportDOG SD-400 Remote Collar Receiver
2. Get the charger and plug the connector to the Charging Jack.
3. Find a power outlet and plug the SportDOG Charger in. Make sure that it is a 120-volt outlet.
4. Charging time is 24 hours. This is applicablefor the initial charge and the succeeding charges will take 12 hrs. The Indicator Light will flash after 12 hrs. of charging but will continue to charge for another 12 hrs. on the initial charge.
5. After charging completely, unplug the charger. Be sure to put back the rubber cover of the jack.NOTE: After using this unit in saltwater conditions, don’t forget to rinse the collar receiver with fresh water and allow the unit (and power plug socket) to dry thoroughly.
Collar Receiver Indicator Light Meaning:
Collar Receiver is ON - good battery - Indicator Light will flash once per second
Collar Receiver is ON - low battery - Indicator Light will flash once every 4 seconds
Continuous Stimulation Button pressed - Indicator Light will be solid in color
Momentary (Nick) Stimulation Button pressed - Indicator Light will give a single flash
We want your input: