Helping You Get the Most From Your Hunting Dogs
How to Test Your SportDOG Collar Using a Test Light
If you have any question as to whether or not your collar is receiving a signal from the transmitter (handheld device) simply follow the steps below - using the test light. The following models should ship with a test light - SportDOG SD-400 and SportDog SD-800.
1. Switch on your SportDOG Collar Receiver.
SportDOG Test Light
2. Place the Test Light Contacts against of the Contact Points of the collar/receiver.
3. On the Remote Transmitter (Handheld device), choose a Stimulation Button and press it.
4. If your unit is running okay, you will see a flash of the Test Light.
NOTE: The higher the stimulation, the brighter the light will be.
5. Switch off the Collar Receiver.
Keep the Test Light for future use.NOTE: If, for instance, the light does not flash on, you can do a re-test after recharging the battery first.