How to Program the SportDOG SD-1825 for 3 to 6-Dog Operation
In order to train multiple dogs, you will have to buy a SportDOG Add-A-Dog® Collar Receiver for this unit.
1. Set the toggle switch in the DOWN position and adjust the Remote Transmitter to mode 5.
2. After this, flick the toggle switch to the orange/UP position.
3. To program the first collar, follow these steps:
A. Make sure that the Collar Receiver is switched OFF.
B. Continuously push the On/Off Button until the Indicator Light switches off after around four to five seconds. Be careful not to release the button too early. This will cause the Indicator light to flash as normal. You will have to go back to step A again if this happens.
C. Stop pressing the On/Off Button once the Indicator Light has gone off. D. Push the Upper Button on the Remote Transmitter and continue pressing until you notice the Indicator Light in the Receiver is flashing five times. To make sure that this happens, place the 2 units close to each other, say around 2-3 feet apart. You will have to redo all the steps beginning from step A if you do not observe 5 flashes from the Indicator Light of the Receiver.
4. For the second Collar Receiver, follow the same procedure from A to D. This time however, use the Lower Button instead of the Upper Button.
5. For the third Collar Receiver, follow the same procedure from A to D. This time however, use the Side Button instead of the Lower Button.
Set the toggle switch in the UP position and adjust the Remote Transmitter to mode 3. To program your unit to a 6-dog operation, flip the toggle switch in the UP position and follow steps 3, 4 and 5 for dogs 1, 2 and 3; for dogs 4, 5 and 6, also do steps 3, 4 and 5 but this time, flip the toggle switch in the DOWN position.