How to Fit the Garmin Delta Collar on your Dog
In this article we will explain how to properly fit the Garmin Delta and Garmin Delta Sport Collar on your dog.
Warning: Do not let your dog wear the collar for the full 24-hour period. This may irritate your dog’s skin on the neck. Remove the collar for at least 8 hours for every 24 hours.
This collar should not be used on humans as this designed for dogs.
Important: Be sure to remove the charging clip first before putting the collar on the dog. Otherwise, the charging clip may fall off the collar while your dog is wearing it and may get lost.
It is critical that you make sure the collar fits your dog perfectly. Otherwise, you may not be able to correct your dog properly. A loose-fitting collar will administer inconsistent correction on your dog thereby compromising the training.
1. The best part to place the collar is around the middle of the dog’s neck.
2. Make sure that the device is placed at the front of the dog’s neck. Position the status LED toward the chin of the dog while the contact points must be against the throat.
Pointers: Position the contact points near the vocal chords of the dog if you intend to use the collar for bark training. You should consider the breed of the dog to get the most accurate position. Check if the device can actually detect the bark. If it cannot detect the bark, adjust the position of the device by moving it closer or farther from the body of the dog. Repeat this procedure until the device detects the bark.
3. Before finally fastening the buckle, pull the strap to tighten it around the dog’s neck. Be sure that it’s not too tight. It should be just enough that it’s snug around the dog’s neck.
Important: To check that the collar is tight enough, it should not rotate or slide on the neck of the dog. To check that it is not too tight, observe if the dog can normally swallow food and drink water. Otherwise, adjust the strap as necessary.
4. Make sure that the contact points will touch the dog’s skin by twisting and wiggling the collar.
Important: Contact with the skin is important for the correction to be effective.
5. If you have a smaller dog, some excess strap may be left since the strap would be too long. Feel free to cut the excess. Just make sure that around 3 inches spare will remain. Pointers: For convenience, you can mark the hole used to fasten the buckle so that you won’t have to check again the next time you use the collar.