NOTE: These lenses ONLY fit the NYX Carbon Shooting System Frames.
Shooters need options, sometimes a significant change in contrasting color can help shooters pick up their targets quicker which allows for a more controlled breaking point. NYX Shooting Systems offer a multitude of colors for your shooting glasses
so you can select the colors that work best for you. Gundogs Online recommends that you have a series of lenses on hand for low, medium and high light conditions in combination with lenses that will contrast off the standard background colors ( blue, green & brown).
If you have any questions about your shooting glasses
please contact our experts to help select your proper lens color.Lens Colors:Optic Yellow Lens
- This lens allows in 80% of available visible light. It is worn in hazy, foggy days or late afternoon as it will highlight the target with better definition by blocking out much of the blue light. Hunter Orange Lens
- This lens allows in 50% of available visible light. It filters a greater amount of blue light than either the vermillion or amber brown lenses which brightens lighter colored targets. This lens should be used on cloudy to partly cloudy days to enhance contrasts. It can be worn on sunny days if you are wearing a hat. Light Vermillion Lens
- This is a light colored lens allowing in about 70% of available visible light. The light filtration characteristics of this lens accentuates bright targets against a medium to dark background environment, such as trees. It is also an excellent lens to use when shooting in low or flat light conditions. Vermillion Lens
- A darker rose colored lens which allows 40% available visible light to come through. This lens is used to enhance your environment on bright sunny days, and reacts along the same principles as the light vermillion shade by sharpening the contrast of the target against green backgrounds. Light Purple Lens
- This lighter colored lens combining the gray and vermillion shades to dampen the green backgrounds and enhance clarity of the target against tall trees. This lens is perfect for daytime conditions and allows 85% of available visible light through. Dark Purple Lens
- A darker combination of gray and vermillion shades which allow only 30% of available visible light through. This lens is used on brighter days to enhance clarity and sharpen the contrast of objects against green backgrounds. Green Lens
- This lens helps promote and highlight orange targets against any background. The green properties will also make this an accurate lens for any green background sport such as golf and green tennis court as it allows 24% of available visible light to pass through. Dark Green Lens
- This lens provides texture to green terrains and allows only 15% of available visible light through. The darker color helps absorb the transmitted light and it is an excellent lens for sportsmen looking for camouflage aspects.Medium Gray Lens
- An all-purpose lens which transmits all color schemes at the same level. Objects seen through this lens stay true in nature. They are good lenses for bright sunny days allowing through 33% of available visible light. Dark Gray Lens
- This is the darkest lens we offer providing only 12% available visible light to come through. It is used on very bright days to cut down on glare and reduce eye strain. The gray color will leave objects true to natural color. Dark Gray, Mirrored Lens
- Our darkest lens with a mirrored finish allowing only 8% available visible light to come through. Used on very bright days to cut down on glare and reduce eye strain. Gray color leaves objects true to nature color.Light Amber Rose Lens
- Charateristics of amber help bring definition to a viewed object. This lens brings texture to the environment and would be used in low lighting conditions as it allows 88% of available light to pass through. The slight rose tint would also help bring out and highlight colors.