7 of 10 (70%) reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.
The PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence is designed for stubborn dogs that continually challenge the containment barrier. The dog receives a warning tone as it approaches the barrier. Once in the barrier, the collar has four levels of progessive correction to stop it from leaving the containment zone. The collar also vibrates with each correction as an additional correction. The anti-linger feature ensures that your dog doesn't stay in the correction zone and run down the battery. Features:
The collar is waterproof and has a low battery indicator so you know exactly when you need to change batteries. It comes with both short and long contact points so it is effective on dogs with long or thick hair. The transmitter will cover an area up to 10 acres. Only the receiver can activate the collar which eliminates false correcttions from televisions, cordless phones, garage door openeners and other radio frequency equipment. To keep your dog from being over-corrected, the receiver will shut down if your dog remains in the barrier for over 20 seconds. It has a wire break alarm and built in lightning protection.
- In-Ground Stubborn Dog Fence
- Designed for Stubborn or Large dogs w/ at Least 6" Neck
- 4 Levels of Correction, Plus Tone Only 500 Feet of Boundary Wire to Cover a 1/4 acre
- Can be Expanded to Cover Up to 10 Acres w/ Additional Wire
- Vibration On Correction
- Anti-Linger Protection to Keep Your Pet from Running Down the Batteries
- Fail-Safe After 20 Seconds on the Transmitter to Prevent Over Correction
- Wire Break Alarm
- Built-in Lightning Protection
PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence Includes:
(1) PIG00-10777 Fence Transmitter
(1) PRF-275-19 Small Dog Collar Receiver
(1) Spool of 18 or 20 gauge wire - 500 feet
(50) Boundary flags
(1) 9-volt battery for collar
(1) Power adapter for fence transmitter
(4) Contact prongs - 2 long and 2 short
(1) Test light
(2) Wire nuts
(1) Owner's manual and training guide
(1) Installation and Training DVD
PetSafe has a Lifetime Warranty on parts and one year on labor. PetSafe guarantees all parts of this product for life against manufacturing or parts defects. Misuse or incorrect handling is not covered. If your unit cannot be repaired, PetSafe may replace it with new or reconditioned merchandise. PetSafe will not pay for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of your product, or its failure to work, or any incidental or consequential damages.
There is a nominal labor charge for out of warranty products but all parts are free during the warranty period. If you have had your system for more than one year, call customer service at 1-800-732-2677 to determine the labor charge.